SENIOR ASSISTED LIVING
IN PIKESVILLE, MARYLAND
DISCOVER INSPIRING, ENGAGING, FULFILLING ASSISTED LIVING AT CHARTER SENIOR LIVING OF WOODHOLME CROSSING
At Charter Senior Living of Woodholme Crossing, Assisted Living residents live independently and without worry thanks to the support of personalized senior care services – including assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) – a full social calendar, and convenient services and amenities.
Our Assisted Living lifestyle promotes choice, dignity, privacy, independence and individuality. While supportive services are always available in our senior living community, it’s our personalized care approach that sets us apart from what’s typically included in-home care and nursing home environments.
We improve quality of life and help residents thrive through:
- The warmth of a safe, family-like environment
- Exceptional services
- Meaningful relationships among residents and staff
- Inspiring care that enhances everyday life and the human spirit
From the moment a resident moves into Charter Senior Living of Woodholme Crossing, we get to know their likes, dislikes, goals, medical care needs, and aspirations. It’s why residents and their families feel inspired and fulfilled by our Assisted Living community.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION OR SCHEDULE A TOUR
ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES & AMENITIES
We provide Assisted Living services and amenities that go above and beyond expectations. Residents no longer have household responsibilities or need help finding support when it’s required. Residents pay for Assisted Living services and amenities, including:
- Three meals per day and unlimited snacks
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry
- 24/7 assistance and support
- In-home emergency call system
- Pet-friendly community
- Comfortable apartment homes that meet different styles and budgets
- Personalized care and assistance with ADLs like dressing and bathing
- Access to on-site therapies provided by locally licensed partners
- Ask the Expert with Sylvia Kurinsky – a personalized, senior living advisor who specializes in mediating familial communications and helping families navigate the journey to senior living
Spacious Floor Plans For Seniors
Those in Assisted Living can live with freedom and flexibility thanks to accessible and well-appointed apartments in a variety of layouts and styles. The cost of Assisted Living apartments and what’s typically included in monthly fees depends on the resident’s specific needs.
FEEL THE DIFFERENCE OF OUR ASSISTED LIVING PROGRAMMING & ACTIVITIES
We’re not your typical Assisted Living community; we’re all about experiencing life to its fullest. Assisted Living residents at Charter Senior Living of Woodholme Crossing enjoy full social calendars designed to keep them active, engaged and living well.
Programs are tailored to residents’ personal interests and needs, no matter their age or abilities. Some resident-favorite Assisted Living activities include:
- Craft corner
- Rhythm and motion fitness classes
- Walking club
- Outings to local shops, restaurants, and attractions
- Wii Games
Ask The Expert
Our goal at Charter Senior Living is to help family caregivers and their loved ones navigate aging to the best of their abilities. One way we do this is through our newest resource, Ask the Expert, with Sylvia Kurinsky.
Sylvia is our go-to Charter expert and Certified Dementia Practitioner offering personalized senior living advice, mediating familial communications, and enhancing the human spirit through an honest and kind approach. Assisted Living is one of her specialties, among several others, which include:
- Gaining a deep understanding of what seniors and their families want and need
- Developing specialized strategies for the senior who refuses to move no matter how unsafe their home has become
- Helping adult children care for their parents
- Working with complicated family dynamics to ease the process of searching for a senior living solution
Sylvia is here to help. Get all your questions answered today.
What is Assisted Living?
Unlike skilled nursing facilities and Memory Care communities that provide medical care, Assisted Living is focused on helping seniors with the activities of daily living and residential care. Signs that Assisted Living may be an appropriate option for you or a loved one include:
- Needing help with medication management
- Noticeable weight loss or gain
- Loss of mobility or increase in falls
- Neglecting household maintenance and chores
- No longer able to perform daily tasks of grooming and preparing meals
- Increased isolation
Families will have peace of mind knowing their loved ones are living healthy, independent and active lives. They’ll have more time to focus on spending time together and enjoying all life has to offer.
For added peace of mind, our specialized Memory Care program, Flourish℠, is available on-site.
What is the difference between assisted living and a nursing home?
Overall, the main difference between assisted living and care offered in a nursing home is that nursing homes provide medical and personal care in a clinical setting, while assisted living primarily provides personal care in a homelike, social setting.
Who qualifies for assisted living?
Seniors whose health or well-being requires a higher level of support or those who would benefit from a healthier lifestyle and social engagement qualify for assisted living. Most communities conduct a health assessment that follows state regulations to determine what level of care or assistance is best for each individual.
What kind of services does assisted living provide?
Assisted living communities give older adults personalized care in a residential setting. Most assisted living communities – including Charter Senior Living of Woodholme Crossing – provide services including:
- One to three meals a day
- Monitoring of medication
- Personal care, including dressing and bathing
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Some medical services
- Social and recreational activities
- Care coordination
- Mobility assistance
- Complimentary transportation
Some assisted living communities offer respite care or short-term care. Additionally, some communities offer access to home care services for those who may need more assistance than is provided in the community but who are not yet ready for a skilled nursing care center.
What is the cost of assisted living in Pikesville, Maryland?
Assisted Living pricing at Charter Senior Living of Woodholme Crossing starts at $3,650 per month.
Does Medicare pay for assisted living?
Do you offer Respite Care or trial stays at your community?
Yes! For family caregivers who need relief or a temporary care solution, we also provide Short-Term Stays. Just Like Home Respite Care provides all the amenities and Assisted Living care services offered to full-time residents.
This offering is one of our many Assisted Living lifestyle benefits. Your needs are important to us, so our goal is to provide personalized service and satisfaction every moment of every day.